More than just your Talent – You need a Team
Much more than just your Talent – you need a Team. Yes you have the Voice, you got moves, the looks, or what have you. You would still need a Team. You do not have to go at this alone.
Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.
– Steve Job.
It is often said that if you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go with people. The need for a team can not be over-emphasised. Some excuses some artiste would give for riding solo, or attempting to take on their music career alone includes :- Lack of Funds, Not a people person, I don’t trust people easily, I don’t feel very ready, I think they will judge me, etc.
Dear Artiste, What is your excuse for not having a Team.
Some points to note about getting the Team you need
1) Know your strengths, know what you are good at. This will be good so you can use this in leveraging when making new connections in the industry.
2) Know your weaknesses – This is important so that you know what area you need help and the kind of people you would need in your team.
3) Be Sociable – Friendly. He that wants a friend must first be friendly.
4) Attend concerts and events to grow your network. If you are introvertish or too shy to approach new people, attend with an extrovert pal or with a group so you could all meet new people together.
5) Have set goals and objectives. Remember your goals should be SMART – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-bound.
6) This goal should be clearly communicated with the Team.